New Zealand Deerstalkers Association Southland Branch
Join the club promoting the interests of hunters!
New Zealand Deerstalkers Association began in Invercargill in 1937.
Today, Southland Branch is one of over 50 Branches and more than 6000 members.
NZDA Objectives are :
- to promote recreational hunting and game management,
- to promote training and safe use of firearms in our backcountry,
- to protect the rights and privileges of access and firearms ownership,
- and to promote the conservation and sound management of our introduced wild animals as well as our native flora and fauna.
What Southland Branch offers:-
- Regular monthly meetings with guest speakers. Monthly newsletter.
- Hunts Instruction courses in safe firearm handling, bushcraft, rivercrossing, first aid and hunting techniques.
- A range of organised trips for different fitness levels.
- $5 Million Public liability insurance including $1m rural fire protection.
- Conditional access to South Wood Export exotic forests.
- Access to Branch huts at Hauroko, Mavora and our Lodge at TeAnau.
- Representation to local and national government and Department of Conservation on hunting matters.
- Discount on Dept of Conservation Annual Hut Pass.
- Quarterly NZ Hunting & Wildlife magazine. $27.80 retail
- Our own Clubrooms at Longbush.
- Annual trophy and photographic competitions Competition Rules
- Olympic standard indoor air rifle range with moving target.
Why Join Southland Branch NZ Deerstalkers Association?
- Meet new people with similar interests
- Learn about hunting areas and access
- Club trips are often cheaper than doing it alone.
- Club trips are certainly safer than doing it alone.
MEETINGS ARE AT CLUBROOMS, LONGBUSH HALL, McKerchar Road every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 8pm
NEW MEMBERS MOST WELCOME
Our hall is on McKerchar Road at Longbush between Woodlands & Kennington (East of Invercargill on S.H 1)
We have our meetings at 8p.m. every 3rd Wednesday of the month.( No meetings December & January)
Feel free to come along.
News & Newsletters
Photo: Luke Payne. 1st 2021 photo competition. 'Topical/stalking interest.'
Southern Branches Newsletter from 1962. - read from bottom up.
July - September (no newsletter)
GPS instructions (update) from Feb newsletter. - also note that for eTrex legend False N needs to be set to 9999999.9
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009(large)
- August 2009
- July 2009 - newspaper articles (if you can't read them)
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
South Coast Productions
Heritage and Wilderness Adventure Films
"We are worried that a lot of our old film is disappearing as are the tales, and tellers of them from yester year, so we are keen to record some of these tales with one story leading to another. We try to capture some of the great stories of our time, the heritage which has helped to create the iconic kiwi." - Producer Dave McCarlie.
Southland Branch NZDA support South Coast Productions in their quest to capture New Zealand outdoors on film. Visit their website:
Department of Conservation Hunting Information SOUTHLAND
New Zealand Deerstalkers Association National Office.
Animal Skin Tanning Services Ltd.
Miscellaneous documents & reference material
submitted by NZDA members or affiliated parties.
Note: The documents contained here may not reflect the interests of the New Zealand Deerstalkers Association or any affiliated parties and are intended for general use only. Any copyright remains allocated to the publisher of the associated document.
Photo: John DeLury Ist in 2021 photo competition - Other Wildlife